I was on the lookout for a new grill recently, but only wanted to pay around 200 dollars for it and I wasn’t expecting to find so many different types of grills, so I narrowed down my search.
I wanted to come up with a list of the best grills under $200 that I could find and post my findings here, so you can visually see what I am talking about. I look at gas and charcoal grills, what the overall best rated ones are and so on. Here is what I found.
The Best Gas Grill Under 200 Dollars:
This grill is compact and easy to assemble. Make the most of its efficiency and revel in the unique quality of char-grilled food.
Its three main burners pack in a whopping 36,000BTU each, and the additional side burner operates on 12,000BTU, giving you plenty of opportunity to make use of the 380SQIn cooking surface.
Metal side shelves provide roomy storage space for your convenience, and an attachable firebox allows for this grill to be used as a smoker on top of all that.
A Few Key Features:
- It measures 43″ in height x 50.75″ wide and 17.75″ in length
- A grant total of 380 square inches of cooking surface
- Three burners that pump out 36,000 btu’s
- Comes with a lidded side burner (12,000 btu’s) and firebox for smoking
- Easy assembly, from what I gathered in the reviews
What’s The Best Charcoal Grill Under $200?
The model I chose for this category (Char-Griller 2828 Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill) has a classic barrel shape to it, comes in three different sizes (price varies) and has over 300 reviews on Amazon, like the first grill we looked at.
This Char-Griller model looks very basic but works very well, primarily because of its simplistic design and functionality. I’m sure you can make great use of the 580 square inch cooking surface, outfitted with cast iron grates, which are removable in four separate sections.
The included heat gauge will help ensure ultimate temperature accuracy on this Char-Griller BBQ, while a wooden side shelf will play to the convenience of the ultimate grilling chef, or a novice. Adjustable charcoal grates will ensure that your dream cuisine is prepared with just the right amount of heat, which is essential for these types of grills.
Features Of This Grill:
- Its approximate dimensions are: 50″ tall by 29″ wide and 42″ long
- 580 sq. inches of cooking surface with four liftable grates for easy access to charcoal
- Comes with adjustable charcoal grates
- Features a built in heat gauge, which is rare on charcoal models
- Includes removable ash pan, pretty standard
- It also includes a tubular steel cart with side shelf, utensil rack and lower rack
How About The Best Smoker Grill Under 200…
The next model, the Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker, was a cool little find because it has the coal box mounted on the side of the smoke box, allowing you to control the smoke a little better than conventional smokers.
Who doesn’t love having a smoker around, especially during summer time?. The offset charcoal box is responsible for that irresistible taste, as it releases heat at a steady pace that you end up smelling for hours.
Six adjustable cooking grates come standard on this Dyna-Glo to help you smoke your meats and other goods to barbecued perfection.
The 784 square inches of smoking space is ample and sturdy, with a hundred-pound meat capacity at a time. The dual door construction allows for maximum efficiency as it retains heat even while wood chips are added.
A Few Of This Smoker’s Features:
- It measures roughly 20″ x 34.5″ x 47″
- It comes with 784 square inches of cooking space
- Six adjustable cooking grates
- Heavy-gauge porcelain-enamel charcoal and wood tray
- Dual-door construction for maximum heat efficiency and less loss
- Includes offset charcoal box (coolest part)
The Best Propane Grill Under 200 Bucks Is A Coleman!
For the best propane grill, I chose to go with a Coleman model, the Coleman RoadTrip LXE Propane Grill because it had so many reviews (more than 1,500 in all) and was the most practical out of all of the other barbecues.
Grill on the go is what comes to mind with this portable Coleman grill. Two burners provide 10,000BTU’s of power to accommodate a sizable 285 square inch cooking surface.
Grilling in the dead of winter is possible with this model, thanks to the perfect-flow pressure control system, which releases steady heat undeterred by temperature changes.
This grill features wheels and a collapsible handle/leg set for easy transport and unmatched mobility, as well as porcelain-enamel grates for quick cleanups.
A Few Interesting Features:
- 2 10,000BTU burners
- 2 porcelain coated grates
- perfect-flow pressure control heating system
- Collapsable legs and handle
- Wheels for portability.
- 285SQIn cooking surface.
- Includes 2 side tables attachable for instant workspace
- Includes drip tray
And The Best Rated Gas Grill Under $200 Is…
I chose the Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12,000-BTU Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill for the best rated gas grill because it had a large number of reviews and the reviews had very good things to say about virtually every aspect of the grill.
You can take your culinary ambitions on the road with you or set up a neighborhood barbecue in minutes with this Cuisinart portable propane grill that also happens to come with a stand, for an additional cost, but very minimal and well worth the investment.
This stainless steel powerhouse features one 12,000BTU burner and a quick-start ignition that requires a simple twist to kick off. This grill features a modular grilling system and a versatile veggie tray for all-purpose grilling.
Features You Might Be Interested In:
- 19-4/5 by 27-4/5 by 12-4/5 inches
- Features Twist-start ignition
- Includes removable veggie tray
- Includes 2 folding side shelves.
- Includes temperature gauge.
Best Portable Gas Grill Under 200 Dollars: A Small Find!
For the best portable grill I went with the Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand, another Cuisineart! This is a cool portable grill, even more so than the last model we looked at.
It comes in either a tabletop model or with a stand for a few more bucks (not much more $ at all really) and is available in three different colors: red, black and chrome.
This Cuisineart model has approximately 145 sq. inches of grill space and is powered by a single 5,500 btu burner, which is plenty for two people, but states that it can accommodate 4-6.
A Quick Look At A Few Key Features:
- 145 sq. inches of grill space comes standard
- It also comes with a stand or you can use it more as a tabletop style grill (two variations/prices)
- Comes in red, black and chrome colors to match your taste
- A single burner that pumps out 5,500 BTUs per hour