I love Amazon, mainly due to the reviews on there that come from real people, so you know what to expect before you even buy a grill or smoker, or anything for that matter. Why not put together a list of the best rated models for people to browse through in an easier to read way, all located in a central location?
So I compiled this list of the best rated smokers for 2014-2015 to cut out a lot of the research you would normally have to do on Amazon and put the top 4 models here so you can make your own comparisons and decide which one is best for you.
Best Rated electric smoker
The first models on the list (Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, with a Top Controller) has over 2,300 reviews on Amazon and a total overall rating of 4.5 stars and more than 80% of folks gave this smoker 4 or 5 stars!
The Masterbuilt 30 inch black electric digital smoker has a top controller, digital timers and temperature controls and is available in many different configurations that you can choose from, so be sure to check out the different ones.Temperatures inside the 730 square inches can be set as low as 100 degrees and up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit by adjusting the digital or analog setting controller.
It holds 4 chrome coated racks inside the smoker, has an 800 watt heating element and is fully insulated so that everything inside is cooked evenly. A water pan can be filled with your favorite flavoring liquids and used as an additional flavor enhancer and the drip pan is fully removable, so it can be easily pulled out for cleaning.
Features at a glance:
- 730 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element
- Digital temperature and timer controls
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F
- Convenient side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper
- Ideal smoker for all experience levels
best rated propane smoker
The second smoker on the list that had over 500 reviews with an average rating of 4 1/2 stars on Amazon (Masterbuilt 20051311 GS30D 2-Door Propane Smoker) also have more than 80% of individuals give it 4 and 5 star reviews, so it it a great fit for this category and number two on the list.
A push button ignitor fires up this two door propane smoker that is 43 inches tall. Not meant to be portable, this sturdy smoker weighs 58 pounds. There are 717 square inches inside this smoker that will hold all the ingredients being cooked on four chrome racks.
This smoker has a stainless steel burner and a type 1 regulator and hose. The chip tray is made from steel coated wood. The wire handles stay cool even when the smoker is on.
A few features you will like:
- Four chrome smoking racks with 717 square inch of cooking space
- Stainless steel burner and type 1 regulator and hose
- Push-button ignition
- Porcelain-coated wood chip tray and water pan
- Locking door with built-in temperature gauge and cool touch wire handle
best rated pellet smoker
The third smoker to make the list (Camp Chef PG24 Pellet Grill and Smoker BBQ with Digital Controls and Stainless Temp Probe) only had a couple of reviews over 30 but nearly 90 percent of the reviewers gave it either a 4 or 5 star rating.
This grill and smoker combination machine has more than 550 cubic inches of space to cook just about anything and is very efficient, like most pellet grills are known for. A digital control system allows you to adjust temperatures on the fly and has other cool features like the ability to check the internal meat temperature, etc..
You can choose between low or high smoke temperatures to get that perfect smokey taste virtually every time and an integrated drop down cleaning system means no longer having to take the grill apart to clean it, which saves a ton of time and even more hassle. It measures roughly 32.5 inches tall and weighs 113 pounds, so it is quite heavy and may be hard to move around for some people, so keep this in mind if you are interested in this pellet smoker.
A quick look at this Camp Chef Smoker:
- Comes with LED Digital Temp control system with stainless food probe
- Features both a low and high smoke temp for everything from fish to beef
- 560 Cubic Inches of cooking surface with removable upper rack
- Patented Drop down cleaning system no more taking apart the grill to clean
- Easy assembly system, Camp Chef quality
best rated charcoal smoker grill
The last smoker I wanted to throw in had over 160 reviews and an overall rating of 4 stars, the Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker is another great smoker that has plenty of high quality reviews to back it’s reputation.
This massive offset smoker was made to hold up to 100 pounds of food at one time which is quite a bit more than most smoker grills will hold these days and a great model for those individuals who smoke a lot of food at once. This charcoal smoker is 784 square inches inside, so plenty of room for most items and has six racks that are capable of holding several large chunks of meat or larger portions of food.
This smoker is constructed of steel enameled porcelain and has an offset charcoal box that helps make heat control easier. Measuring approximately 47 inches tall and 34 inches wide, this smoker is meant to have a permanent place in your backyard and a great choice for people who want a larger unit.
Dyna-Glo specs (quick view):
- Offset charcoal box design for heat control and channels smoked flavors
- Heavy gauge porcelain enameled steel charcoal & wood tray
- 6 Adjustable cooking grates, 784 square inches of total smoking area, holds foods up to 100 lbs at one time
- Dual door design minimizes heat loss while adding wood chips throughout the smoking process
- Heavy duty steel body construction with High Temp powder coat finish for durability and long life