Most of the top competing models of bbq grills are priced around the 300-500 dollar range and offer some of the best features and gadgets to get the job done right and make it fun at the same time.
I compiled a list of the best grills under $500 that I could find, sorted through the results and picked the top models to display here for everyone to see. Check out some of the cool grills I found to see if you agree with my taste.
Best Gas Grill Under $500:
This professional-grade grill is heavily constructed of stainless steel and is operated via an electronic ignition. Five commercial-grade 10,000BTU straight-tube burners make up the majority of the 708SQIn cooking surface.
An additional side burner comes standard with this Dyna-Glo model and is powered by a whopping 12,000BTUs. It also features an integrated grilling temperature gauge for maximum accuracy when cooking, so your not left in the dark.
Here are some of the features:
- It comes with 5 Stainless Steel propane Burners
- It’s capable of pumping out 62,00BTU’s total
- Includes full storage cart with two doors and a tank pull-out tray
- Integrated temperature gauge for precision cooking
- Chrome-plated infinite valves for maximum heat control
The Best Infrared Grill Under 500:
Next on the list is the Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 480 3-Burner Gas Grill which has since been discontinued by the manufacturer but comes in a compatible version that is currently being made.
Take advantage of the versatility of this Char-Broil model having the ability to use both infrared lighting and gas which is a nice combo to have and makes for more customized cooking. Featuring three (30,000BTU) burners and an additional side burner, this grill makes great use of its 480 square inches of cooking surface, which is plenty of room.
The stainless steel construction of this Char-Broil BBQ, from burners to operating panel to warming wrack, guarantee that this grill will live in your backyard for years to come and will resist rusting if properly maintained and covered, of course.
A few of this infrared grills features:
- Its dimensions are: 56″ x 21″ x 45.5 inches
- Provides a total of 480 sq. inches of grill surface
- Comes with 3 stainless steel burners that pump out 30,00BTU
- Includes a 10,000BTU side burner as well
- Infrared cooking elements to keep juices inside
- Includes large side shelves for storage
And The Best Charcoal Grill Under 500 Is:
Next on the list is the Weber 1481001 Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill in Black, which is one of my favorite grills in the lineup because of all the cool little features it come with and the reviews speak for themselves.
There is a huge debate amongst bbq enthusiests about charcoal vs gas grills but if lean more towards the charcoal side then you’ll love this Weber Platinum charcoal grill. Cleanup is a a cinch with the grill’s one-touch cleaning system and many removable parts – even the digital control panel can be removed for thorough, damage-free cleaning and convenience.
Its classic porcelin-enameled bowl is both practical and stylish and familiar for those individuals that have used Weber grills before. The gas-and-go ignition system allows for a neat, hassle-free charcoal brick kickoff that minimizes the warm-up time and is error-proof, meaning you will never have to fight with briquets not lighting properly.
This grill features a no-rust aluminum vent and plenty of storage and prep room, often not found in charcoal grill models, especially Weber grills.
Features worth mentioning:
- Comes with a 363 sq. inch cooking surface and a 22.5 inch (diameter) porcelain-enamel bowl
- Electronic Touch-andGo ignition for starting briquets
- One-touch cleaning system, very nice
- Removable control panel for cleaning and convenience
- Removable high-capacity ash pan, pretty standard
- Removable LED cooking thermometer
- Thermoset worktable
- A charcoal Storage bin
Now For The Best Natural Gas Grill Under 500 Dollars…
The next grill in the lineup is a natural gas powered one called the Weber 47100001 Spirit S210 Natural Gas Grill which comes in a 2 or 3 burner setup and is available in black or chrome. The three burner Weber model is a little over $500, so if you want that model, keep this in mind when purchasing.
Enjoy the simplicity of cooking with natural gas that can be hooked up to an existing natural gas line so you don’t have to constantly refill those 5 gallon propane tanks. It features two steel burners that serve the 360 sq. ” cooking surface or three, depending on which model you want to go with.
The One-touch electronic ignition caters to your convenience, as do the porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars. Use this grill to ad a tasty, smoky twist to the casual family dinner.
A few quick features worth listing:
- Assembled dimensions are: 63 inches X 50 inches X 32 inches (assembled and open)
- Two stainless steel burners come standard
- One-touch crossover electronic ignition system is another cool touch
- Includes flavorizing bars, which catch juices and infuse them into the food
- Includes porcelain-enameled grates for long lasting performance
- 360 square inches of grilling surface at your disposal
Finally, The Best Smoker Grill Under 500 Bucks Is:
Finally, a smoker grill has to make the list, in order for it to be a complete review of the best grills under $500. The Char-Griller 06620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker has a unique design to it and performs well due mainly to the shape of the grill.
The advanced insulated construction of this Akorn Kamado grill allows for better heat conduction and better charcoal efficiency. It also helps you perfect the grilling or smoking of meats, yielding tender, juicy results.
The 106 square inch cooking surface is constructed using solid cast iron parts and features a locking lid and is available in three different colors that ultimately increase or decrease the price of the grill. This Akorn Kamado grill also features a heat gauge to complement its double-walled steel insulation for more precise and even cooking.
Quick list of features:
- 24.8 x 28.7 x 21.6 inches
- 306 inch (sq.) cast iron cooking surface for even heat dispersion and longevity
- Double-walled insulation for more heat retention
- Features cart constructed of tubular steel and rubber wheels, very convenient
- Includes two fold-able storage shelves
- Includes a heat gauge