So you are looking for an affordable grill system! Perhaps, you love savoring less oily grilled foods. It is also likely that you like to try new cuisines of the west. No matter the reason, having a top quality grill is essential to accomplish your cooking dreams. However, the prices of grills are rising day by day due to ever increasing demand from customers. In such a situation, it would be handy to look for best gas grills under 500 from reputed brands.
- Top Propane Barbecues Recommendations & Reviews
- Char-Broil Performance 475 – Our Best Gas Grill Under $500 Choice
- Weber 46510001 Spirit E310
- Char-Broil’s Signature TRU-Infrared 325
- Weber 61010001 Genesis II E-310
- Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40
- Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill
- Weber 60010001 Genesis II E-210 Liquid Propane Grill
- Char-Broil Performance 650
- Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 525
- Royal Gourmet Classic Stainless Steel 6-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
- What to look for in a Gas BBQ grill?
- Gas Grill Under $500 Bottom line
Top Propane Barbecues Recommendations & Reviews
Take a look below at our top 10 under $500 reviews for propane grills that we recommend.
Char-Broil Performance 475 – Our Best Gas Grill Under $500 Choice
- It is a 4-burner gas bbq capable of delivering 36,000 BTUs of heat across the cooking surface of 475 square inches. The grill can accommodate large-sized meals for a big family. The dimension of the primary cooking surface is 25.6 inches wide by 18.5 inches deep.
- It has porcelain coated cast iron grates, which offer resistance to rust and help to avoid food from sticking.
- The side burner (1000 BTU lidded) is ideal for sides and sauces; the lid folds down in order to protect the burner and provide increased work space.
- The performance 475 rests on two 6-inch wheels to ensure easy portability and has two fixed legs for keeping it intact in place.
Features and accessories
- The grill is well made to last longer. The stainless steel handle, lid and control panel add style as well as best durability.
- It has electronic ignition for reliable and fast startups. A wide cooking surface allows you to cook large meals with large servings.
- With its cast iron grates, the machine facilitates seamless cooking with no problem. Any leftover food can be easily wiped out with a damp cloth.
- Once purchased, you can enjoy the companionship of the grill for years with little care and maintenance.
All in all, a great choice for gas grill under $500!
Weber 46510001 Spirit E310
Redesigned and remodeled in 2013, the new E310 model of Weber grills comes complete with all the necessary features you would like to have in a best affordable package.
- With the front mounted control panel, the two full use stainless steel tables let you exploit the grill for prep and cooking.
- The machine provides sufficient space for cooking a 20-pound turkey, roast meats and veggies simultaneously.
- The porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates offer superior heat retention, allowing you an energy efficient option of even cooking to taste savory grilled foods.
Features and accessories
- The grill features three stainless steel burners that put out 32,000 BTU heat per hour.
- You have 424 square inches for cooking and 105 squares inches for warming.
- The electronic crossover ignition system can be started with the push of a button, allowing you to use the whole mechanism easily.
- The cooking grates are so designed that they are easy to clean up within no time. Also, the highly durable porcelain coated shroud will not peel, fade or rust easily.
- With its well built design and durability, the grill is meant to last longer and serve the griller for a long time.
Our second choice for grills under $500!
Char-Broil’s Signature TRU-Infrared 325
- It is a 2-burner gas grill that features the innovative TRU-Infrared grilling system. The TRU-infrared technique ensures superior performance with higher temperature range and control.
- Grillers get to use a 325-inch cooking surface along with metal side shelves that could be folded for simple storage.
- The cast iron grates featuring the 443-stainless steel emitter assures lasting performances under all circumstances.
- Resting on four corners for better mobility, the grill has two wheels that stay fixed for keeping the machine in place.
- The dimension of the grills is 23 inches long, 47.2 inches high and 46.8 inches wide.
Features and accessories
- The grill features a stainless steel door for concealing the propane tank.
- It also provides for extra storage.
- Additionally, the machine has a stainless steel lid, fascia, door and control panel for style and durability.
- The best thing about the TRU-infrared 325 is its duel fuel compatibility, allowing you to change from propane to natural gas as required.
- With its medium sized cooking surface, the grill lets you cook all varieties of food in a lot less time. Whether you are in a hurry or have immense time, you can easily cook and clean the grill and its parts within no time. Just be sure to follow the instruction manual of usage, and you can easily operate the machine for grilling all sorts of cuisines without any issues.
Another excellent gas grill under 500 choice.
Weber 61010001 Genesis II E-310
This high performance grilling system has set a new high standard in the world of backyard cuisine. The system is based on more than 30 years of culinary expertise, grilling experience and avid needs and wants of the grilling community.
- Each component of the grills are uniquely designed to offer an unequaled satisfaction to backyard grilling experiences.
- The grill is composed of four main components – the infinity ignition, Flavorizer bars, the high performance burners and grease management system. With such innovative components and combinations, there is no reason why you won’t enjoy a thrilling grilling experience each and every time.
Features and accessories
- The best grilling machine comes with three high performance burners that ignite evenly each time they are lit.
- Due to the grease management system (which makes grease removal easy), the risks of dangerous flares-up are reduced substantially.
- The total cooking area of the grill is 669 square inches with a primary cooking surface of 513 square inches.
- The infinity ignition system of the machine ensures that each burner of the grill will ignite easily with the push of the knob.
- The best thing is the machine is backed by a 10-year guarantee. It means you can have any parts replaced in case anything goes wrong with the machine within the warranty period.
Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40
It is a durable grills that can help you in making grilled cuisines wherever you want. The Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40 is best suited for outdoor environments. You can accompany this machine when throwing a party outdoors or enjoying an evening party with your loved one in the backyard.
- The grilling system offers you 630 square inches of total cooking surface. With a weight of less than 100 pounds, you can easily move the grill from one place to another as you like.
- The grill kicks out 40,000 BTUs ensuring top of the line grilling experience.
Features and accessories
- For fast and easy start-up, the grill features an electronic starter.
- The stainless steel burners and porcelain coated cast iron grates facilitate seamless and safe cooking wherever you want.
- The durable steel construction and side shelf make way for handy workspace all time.
- Since durability is the highlight of the machine, you can be sure that you can use the grill for years without worrying about major damages.
- Also, cleaning and maintaining the system is pretty simple. With all its features and accessories, the machine makes a good choice for a budget shopper.
Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill
Do you want to take your best grilling to the next performance level? If yes, consider buying the Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill. This grill will equip your deck or patio with a high performance, durable cooking system that family and friends will gather around for years to come.
The Dyna-Glo DGE Series provide you with a top class grilling performance in your backyard as well as outdoors.
- With a metallic and stainless steel construction, the system has a BTU of 62,000.
- It is a gas grill that runs on propane, which makes it a fuel efficient product.
- Weighing around 108 lbs, these grills are highly portable for carrying from one place to another. The dimensions of the product are 46.8″ by 53.04″ by 23.01″.
- The DGE Series propane grill features a well thought out design to draw the attention of cooking enthusiasts who prefer grilled dishes.
- With a steel body, double-wall firebox that houses five burners, the system is sure to serve you for a long period of time. Also, the grill has a sliding tray that allows you to install the propane tank effortlessly.
- Above all, the product comes with a really smaller price tag to suit the budget of all types of buyers.
- The grates are spaced quite far apart. Some users report that the burger patties can easily fall through. Also, the bottom grease plate rusts over time, and you need to be careful about rusting to avoid wear and tear. Other than that, there is no known drawback.
Enjoying top quality grilled dishes is something any person would want to have. With the right grilling system such as the Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill, you are on your way to accomplishing your cooking desires. In return for a small grills investment, you can enjoy fairly even results with this top class grilling system.
Weber 60010001 Genesis II E-210 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber 60010001 Genesis II E-210 Liquid Propane Grill is a an advanced 2-Burner BBQ grill that includes 2 high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled bars, and a brand new grease management mechanism for reducing the chances of dangerous flare-ups and also making grease removal fairly easy after use.
It also offers plenty of space to cook with its porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates, which provide 380 square inches of cooking space with the added 114 square inch warming rack overhead that can be easily tucked inside if not needed.
The grill also comes with an infinity ignition feature, which is there to make sure that once the knob is turned on, the gas will ignite and start each burner with great ease. Moreover, the stainless steel side prep work-spaces feature integrated storage hooks for hanging all your barbecue tools at one place.
Fitted with the GS 4 high performance grilling system, the Weber 60010001 Genesis II E-210 Liquid Propane Grill is perfect for enjoying grilled delicacies in the cozy company of your close ones on a weekend, without breaking any sweat at all.
The 2 stainless steel burners of 26,000 BTUs offer the best heating for the grill, which ensures that the food is evenly evenly and consistently grilled from all sides anywhere on the cooking grates.
The porcelain enameled cast-iron cooking grates add a sear mark to the texture of the grilled food, while porcelain-enameled bars fitted at an angle are ideal for catching the smokey and sizzling drippings, which add an irresistible smoky flavor to the food.
You can also opt for Bluetooth digital thermometer as well, which is sold separately as an accessory to this grilling system. With the help of this thermometer, you can easily monitor the temperature of cooking on your mobile device from beginning till the end.
With so many features that make cooking your favorite grilled food as easy as a child’s play, this is one cooking accessory that you would love to have at your home.
Char-Broil Performance 650
If you are in the market to buy a unique gas grill that will live up to your expectations, consider the Char-Broil Performance 650. With striking features and benefits, the grill has become one of the most prominent and popular grills among buyers. A critical evaluation of the grills will give you a clear picture why investing in this item is a worthwhile idea.
- The unit is a 6 burner gas grill that is capable of delivering about 60,000 BTUs of heat over the primary cooking area of 650 square inches.
- The 18.5 inches deep by 35 inches wide primary cooking surface includes rust resistant-cast iron gates. They help to prevent food from sticking and are pretty easy to clean. The lidded side burner (10,000 BTUs) is ideal for sides and sauces.
- Other features include a stainless steel lid, control panel fascia and handle. All of them provide a style statement to your grilling tenure.
- The biggest plus of Char-Broil Performance is it is highly durable and can withstand the testing of time. You can carry it wherever you like and use it anywhere with little or no wear and tear.
- With big storage and cooking space, you get to prepare your dishes easily.
- Also, cleaning the unit is really simple. With little attention, you could enjoy the services of this stylish grill for many years.
- Some buyers have reported that they received the piece in a bit damaged condition. This is mostly due to improper packaging. Aside from this, the grill makes a great fit in any home as well as outdoor spaces.
Char-Broil Performance 650 is a great grill that allows you to create tasty foods. Increased storage, larger cooking space, durability and easy-to-clean are some of the perks of buying this lovely grill. This is why many people endorse this stylish grill for a better grilling experience.
This is just another perfect option for gas grills under $500.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 525
This is a gas grill that operates on liquid propane. The portable grill is as functional as it is attractive. It makes a suitable addition to any backyard recreation or entertaining space. The specific features of the grill include:
- 525 square inches of cooking space
- stainless steel grates
- porcelain coated warming rack on the side of the grilling area
- 4 stainless steel tube burners with individual temperature controls
- electronic ignition
- side burner that puts out 13,000 BTUs
- can be converted to natural gas with a conversion kit
- stainless steel and black cabinet with stylish hardware finished in stainless steel
- 4 wheels make it easy to move
- Buyers say the grill works as well as top name brand gas grills
- The electronic ignition and controls eliminate flare ups
- The grill can cook quickly without burning meat and other foods
- Infrared heating is more even and consistent
- clean up is easy
- assembly may require two people
- The steel burners may rust over time, if not protected from the elements
- buyers have complained the grill arrives with damaged packaging and some dented parts
- not designed for low heat cooking. Burners reach a minimum of around 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- grates require cleaning after every use and the process can be time consuming.
Overall, buyers like the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 525. Cooking is easy when the right tools and settings are used. Buyers prefer infrared technology, due to the ability to produce even heat and better overall results in grilling meats. For the best protection, buyers should purchase the cover designed for this grill model, as it fits like a glove. Parts like the grates can be removed for cleaning. The stainless steel grates can be seasoned with oil or oil spray, for best cooking performance.
Royal Gourmet Classic Stainless Steel 6-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
With the availability of so many gas grills out there, picking the right one has grown to be a herculean chore. A lot of time needs to be invested on finding and assessing multiple grills to choose an ideal piece. In case you wish to save yourself from all these hassles, consider buying the Royal Gourmet Classic Stainless Steel 6-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill.
- The Royal Gourmet Classic grill comes with six burners that can produce 71,000 of BTUs over a wide cooking area of 802 square inches.
- Other functional additions include cooking grates (porcelain enameled), a rust resistant warming rack and a built-in thermometer.
- Above all, the great ignition system works perfectly to light up the grill quickly, which in turn saves a lot of time and energy required for cooking.
- Cleaning and maintaining the grill is pretty simple. All you need is a simple damp cloth to wipe out stains and debris from the unit.
- The lidded side burner plays a good role for sauces; the lid folds down to protect the burner.
- Also, the double layer lid retains heat for a long time to ensure even cooking.
- Best of all, you get a spacious cooking area to prepare grilled dishes for 8 to 10 people at a time.
- Since the grill is light in weight, it can’t withstand the testing of time and travel for a long time. You need to be really careful when using and transporting the grill. If you can do that, then this grill is the right choice for you.
The Royal Gourmet Classic Stainless Steel 6-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill is one of the best grills available in the market. Appealing design, affordable price and better functionality are some of the highlights of this wonderful grill. This is why many grilling enthusiasts endorse the Royal Gourmet Classic Stainless Steel 6-Burner for causal as well as serious grilled food lovers.
What to look for in a Gas BBQ grill?
Choosing an ideal grill has become more complicated and confusing than ever. You will come across a range of grill brands that claim to be the best. In such a scenario, it is best to get familiar with what to look for in a grill to make the best choice.
Figure out whether you want natural gas or propane? You can choose the fuel you like for these grills. However, natural gas run best grills are a better bet as they cost a lot less on fuel. Also, they save your trips to the propane store should you choose propane as a fuel.
The main body of any grill is made out of sheet metal, cast aluminum, stainless steel or cast iron. While grills made from any of these materials are handy, stainless steel is the preferred choice of many. These grills are durable and last longer. Also, they stand the testing of time and serve you longer with minimum wear and tear.
Size and heat capacity
The size of the grill matters for many reasons. For instance, if you want a grill for a couple, then small sized grills will be an ideal fit. On the flip side, a large grill with a better cooking capacity will be a good choice for a large family. Also, check the heat capacity of the grill. Don’t just buy a grill with a higher BTU rating (amount of heat created by the burner). Instead, look for a medium or small, compact best grill that can produce, sustain and distribute heat all over the grill for even cooking.
Gas Grill Under $500 Bottom line
Buying a best 10 gas grills below $500 is not a problem due to the availability of various branded grills in the market. However, choosing the right one is certainly a tedious chore. You need to pick the best machine that will grill a variety of foods matching your specifics and budget. In case you lack info in this regard, just assess the best gas grills under $500 mentioned above in accordance with your cooking requirements and check the tips on what to look for in a grill. Within no time, you could have your hands on the best grills, affordable cooking grill to savor some of the best recipes you ever wanted.