If you are looking for the best propane grill that offers you convenience, speed, control and cleanliness, you should consider buying a gas grill. Unlike the charcoal grill, gas barbecues do not have a wait time for it to get hot and it also cooks your food quickly and evenly. Furthermore, it is easy to regulate gas bbq temperature as you only need to turn a dial or flip a switch to change the temperature instantly unlike the charcoal grills. The gas grills are also easier to clean as they dispel hardly any ash and thus, offer more cleanliness. The gas grills are also made of quality materials such as stainless steel ensuring easy maintenance and longevity. The gas grills are also highly affordable.
- Our Best Grills Under 200 Recommendations
- What to look for in a Best gas grill Under $200
- Gas Grills Under 200 Conclusion
Our Best Grills Under 200 Recommendations
|Our Top Choice!|| ||Char-Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro 40|
|#2 Choice|| ||Char-Broil Performance 300 Grill|
|The Runners Up|| ||Char-Broil Classic 405 Grill|
| ||Char-Broil Classic 360|
| ||Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill2Go X200|
The best gas grills under $200 that you should consider and read our reviews:
Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40 – Our Top Gas Grills Under $200 Choice
The Char-Griller is one of the best grills manufacturers with a remarkable history. Its experience in manufacturing and selling grills is visible in the quality, design and finish of the 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40 model.
- The gas grill is built on a modified body of its one of its most successful charcoal grills by simply replacing the coal grate with three gas burners.
- Furthermore, the Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40 comes with a 12000 BTU side burner at an amazing price. The grills attractive design makes it an interesting part of your home.
- It also provides a sense of steadiness, durability and longevity thanks to its sturdy wheels.
- The Grillin’ 40 gas grill is designed for convenience and functionality. It is made of durable steel that is powder coated for longer outdoor life.
- The sturdy wheels also make it easy to move around while the 630 square inches of the cooking area provides adequate space for your cooking needs.
- Moreover, the stainless steel burners and porcelain-coated grates are exceptional components of the grill while the side shelf provides a convenient working space.
- The highlights of this gas grill include 40800 BTU maximum output, 12000 BTU brass capped side burner, hood-mounted thermometer, thermal painted steel body and lid and AA battery electronic igniter.
Char-Broil Performance 300 Grill – Our #2 BBQ Grills Under 200 Dollars Choice
If you are looking for a gas grill that offers convenience and simplicity, you will love what Char-Broil Performance 300 offers. With the Performance 300 gas grill, grilling does not have to be complicated.
- The unit is designed to offer functionality and simplicity with nothing more and nothing less. From assembling to cleaning, the unit is overall simple and convenient to use.
- With only the necessary features such as the folding table and temperature gauge, the barbecue makes gas grilling hassle free.
- The unit comes with durable cooking grates that are easy to clean and a simple lid that closes and opens without hassles.
- Other highlights that make the Char-Broil Performance 300 one of the top gas-grills under 200 include a grease tray that is easy to pull out and clean, a spacious storage cabinet with a door, side tables that offer additional workspace and sturdy wheels that offer stability and mobility.
- The unit is also one of the easiest gas grills to assemble. Its sleek and compact design also means that it can easily fit in a small deck.
- Furthermore, you can start up the grill with a match or use the convenient electronic push button igniter, which means that you can use the unit even if the battery runs out.
Char-Broil Classic 405 Grill
If your dream is to have a high-quality gas grill that you could be using every day to cook for your family, you should consider the Char-Broil classic 405 gas grill. The grill is considered one of the best multitasking grills that can work as a home and entertainment grill.
- The Classic 405 can reliably cook for up to ten people multiple times in a week without any issue. The unique thing about the Char-Broil 405 grill is how well it cooks food. With a cooking space of up to 405 square inches, the grill can easily cook meals for the whole family.
- The grill also comes with a helpful cooking space that features porcelain-coated grates to ensure food does not stick.
- It also comes with a porcelain-coated swing-away warming rack suitable for buns or sides.
- To cook your food, the grill uses four stainless steel in-line burners for a strong cooking performance.
- Other features of the Classic 405 grill includes a piezo ignition system for fast startups, two side shelves for additional working and storage space and wheels for easy portability.
- The grill is built for a long lasting performance that offers better heat control. It is also easy to assemble.
Char-Broil Classic 360 Grill
Continuing the amazing line of gas grills by Char-Broil is the Char-Broil Classic 360. The 3-burner gas grill is capable of delivering up to 30000 BTU’s of heat for the perfect meal. Like the other Char-Broil grill, the Classic 360 grill has enough cooking space to cook for the whole family.
- With 360 square inches of cooking space featuring porcelain-coated grates measuring 26-inch wide and 14-inch deep, the grill can cook 15 burgers at once.
- The unit also offers a secondary cooking surface of up to 170 square inches thanks to the swing-away warming rack that measures 24-inches wide and 7-inches deep.
- Another highlight of the Classic 360 grill by Char-Broil is the stainless steel inline burners that are designed to last longer and offer better heat control.
- The piezo ignition feature is also helpful as it makes starting up the unit fast and reliable with only a button push.
- The unit also comes with two 6-inch wheels for easy mobility and two fixed legs to keep the unit in place for a sturdy use.
- The Classic 360 grill also comes with durable metal shelves for additional working space as well as a side burner perfect for warming sauces and side dishes.
- The unit is also designed to withstand tough weather.
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Tabletop Grill
Looking for a small travelling grill that is perfect for road trips, camping, and tailgating? The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Tabletop Grill is what you should consider getting. This grill features a built-in push-button ignition and the best thing is it doesn’t need a battery for it to ignite. It is also powered by a small and easily portable 16.4 oz. liquid propane tank that is portable and it also offers infrared cooking.
The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Tabletop Grill is a very impressive piece of cookware. Apart from being loaded with power, this grill is made of a cast aluminum shell and has a rugged look, suggesting it is made for the outdoors. However, the grill has some issues too. Its troubles begin with the cooking performance. Its temperature adjustment is limited. It tends to run very hot even on a low temperature setting. This issue greatly affects the grill’s cooking ability. This problem is caused by the grill’s infrared design. Food is largely sealed off from the burner by the cooking grate. This might sound great as it eliminates flare-ups, but it does not.
After some time of usage and without special care and cleaning, the grate clogs up and blocks the flow of air. The grill requires a limited range of temperature control to keep burning. If the range is limited, the grill will run hot. You must maintain your full attention on the cooking process or your food might burn, especially if you are cooking fatty foods.
Here are some of the pros and cons you need to weigh before deciding if you will buy this grill or not. Here they are:
- Solid construction
- It is small and lightweight
- Produces high best grilling temperatures
- Temperatures get too hot when cooking
- Many user complain of the regulators leaking
- Has limited temperature control
What to look for in a Best gas grill Under $200
The best barbecues are the one that best addresses your unique needs satisfactorily. That said, some of the things that you should consider include the amount of BTU you need for grilling per square inches. The size of the cooking surface is another important feature that you should consider. Basically, you will need a minimum of 400 square inches cooking area for a family cooking. Furthermore, units with three burners should have at least 400 to 500 square inches of the cooking area while units with five or six burners should have about 500 to 600 square inches of cooking area.
It is also important to factor the number of people you will be cooking for. A two-burner bbq is ideal for up to 4 hungry people while a 3-burner grill can cater for up to 8 people. When considering the number of burners, it is also important to note that most units with fewer than 3 burners do not offer even heat distribution. The design of the grill is also important. If you have a small patio, you should consider a unit with side shelves that can be collapsed or displaced. The materials of the grill also play an important role in the longevity and maintenance of the unit. Stainless steel burners are usually preferred over other materials for its durability and easy maintenance.
Gas Grills Under 200 Conclusion
When buying the top rated gas grills under 200, you should give more preference to heat distribution. When the heat is uniform and effective, the grill will always cook delicious food but when the heat is unevenly distributed, you will likely encounter a scenario where your food has not warmed or one side while another side is already burning. Another challenge a good grill must solve is the flare-ups caused by fat. To deal with the flare-up challenge, the best units come with an effective fat drainage system. Units from the leading manufacturers also seem to rank better than units from unknown manufacturers. The best unit should also be easy to clean and maintain.