Electric smokers are reliable and very easy to use when compared to charcoal types and really, the best ones are right around the $500 mark, so I decided to put together a list of the best electric smokers under 500 dollars and found some rather interesting ones.
The main difference I found in these was the overall size of the smokers, the size of the window (if equipped), and their controls, everything else was quite even. There are so many different smokers out there today, if you would like to see a larger variety, click here.
Best Digital Electric Smoker
The first smoker on the list is the Masterbuilt 20070311 40-Inch Top Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller and boy is this a cool little toy to have around your home…
Be the envy of the neighborhood with this 40 inch (top controller) electric smoker. Using the remote control, you can easily adjust the smoker’s temperature, check the temperature of the meat and set the timer from up to 100 feet away, really freaking cool feature!
A huge window allows you to keep an eye on the food, I can’t stand those smaller windows that you can barely see through, makes me think why did they even install one in the first place. Some other standard features of this Masterbuilt Smoker include: built in wheels, four racks, 975 square inches to cook/smoke on and of course, a removable drip pan make this a strong contender for the best smoker in this category.
Some quick specs on this Masterbuilt smoker:
- 975 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 1200 watt heating element
- RF Remote controls and monitors temperature, time, internal light, on/off and meat temperature
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F and built-in meat temperature probe
- Convenient side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper
- Handle and rear wheels makes moving easy
Best Outdoor Electric Smoker
The second electric smoker on the list is the Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker which was given an overall rating on Amazon of 4.5 stars by more than 40 individuals and nearly 90% of the reviewers gave this smoker 4 or 5 stars!
The Smokin-It Model #2 electric smoker is almost entirely created with stainless steel, so it looks nice and makes for easy cleanup afterwards. This smoker conveniently includes four large casters, four cooking racks, a drip pain and a thermometer, pretty standard equipment when it comes to smokers in general.
The 800 (7 amp/120 volt) watt heating element is made even better with a LED indicator light so you know it’s working. Approximately 35 pounds of meat can be cooked inside this 17 1/4″ wide, 21 1/2″ deep and 24’’ tall smoker.
A few interesting feature that might interest you:
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Smoker is Insulated to reduce heat loss
- NEW 800 watt heating element (replaceable )
- In. dim. 15″x 15″ x 20″ Out. dim. 17-1/4″ x21-1/2″ x 24″ add 2-3/4″ to height with casters installed
- 3″ Diameter Rubber Casters and 4 removable shelves included. NEW side handles for easy movement and lifting of the smoker.
Best Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
The third smoker that makes the list is the Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker, which is a 40″ (but also comes in a 30″ model) and can be controlled with a smart device!
Bluetooth technology is used in many things, so why not a smoker, right? Your smart device can be turned into a remote control and can turn this smoker on or off, check the temperatures of the smoker and the meat and shut the food light off without having to touch the smoker.
Four racks give you 975 square inches to cook/smoke on and a 1,200 watt heating element heats up to 275 degrees, plenty of heat for most smoking applications.
A short list of this Masterbuilt’s key features:
- Blue LED digital control panel
- 975 sq. inches of cooking space
- 4 chrome-coated smoking racks
- Built-in meat probe thermometer
- 1,200 watt heating element
- Consistent smoking up to 275 degrees F
Best Large Electric Smoker
The Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse with RD – 30” is a steel masterpiece for anyone looking for a quality smoker. Four racks fit into this smoker that measure 33” tall, 20” wide, and 33” deep which is plenty of room for most food items and gives you a decent combined total of surface area inside. Set the temperature for 100 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit with the push of a button and use the side loader to add in liquids you want to add flavor.
An easy to use damper gives you the power to control the smokiness of your food, the push button temp controls and the timer make this smoker a really easy and convenient choice for those folks who prefer simplicity over anything else.
Quick list of this smoker’s features:
- Grill Surface Area: 698 sq. in.
- Frame Material: Steel
- Protective Qualities: No Additional Protective Qualities
- Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean With Soap and Water
- Assembly Details: assembly required, tools not provided
My Overall Thoughts On These Smokers:
These are all pretty much, the top of the line when it comes to electric smokers and these 4 are definitely the best smokers under 500 that have comparable features and prices. It all comes down to your personal preference regarding features really, whether your looking for simplicity or remote controlled units there is something for virtually everyone out there and these 4 models are some star players.
You may want to check out my other pages on different smokers based on their price to see if maybe one of those models might be a better fit. I have a page on some of the best models around $400, smokers under $300 and even models under $200.